Jennifer may be aware of rescues needing homes before they make it to this page.
If there are no whippets currently listed here, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Gough: Mobile 0438 371544 - email@example.com
ACT & NSW team member: Gina Wyatt - 02 6287 4145 - firstname.lastname@example.org
South Australian Team Member: Nadine Rumball 08 83813987 - email@example.com
Tasmanian team member: Noelene Watson - 03 6265 1123 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Italian Greyhound Rescue - http://www.iggyrescue.com.au/
WA Whippet Rescue: Kasey Wookey - email@example.com or mobile: 0400153 611
QLD Whippet Club: Sue Spencer - 07 55715441 or 0407 735242 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you proceed, please read these FAQ's:
Each whippet listing has specific contact details if you are interested
- These are the only whippets available that we know about
- We have no other information about these whippets
- Please only contact our team members in emergencies or if you have spotted a whippe
Interested in Fostering?
In dire emergencies, we will foster needy whippets. We foster dogs only as a last resort - interim homes are always stressful for dogs.
Fostering is an amazing opportunity to offer a needy whippet the chance of a new life. Your interim care is the only way many whippets can continue to be much loved pets, and keeps whippets out of pounds where possible. We have successfully used many amazing foster homes over the years, and most people love the experience. You can also meet the new homes for your dogs, share your knowledge and 'see them through'.
Please keep in mind though that:
- Fostered whippets are NEVER house trained. Even the house trained ones will pee in your house for a week.
- We cannot guarantee how long you will be fostering them. It has always been less than two weeks, but it could be months.
- Fostered whippets come with no or little history. They may not be good with your cats or toddlers or antique toy collection. While we do not foster or rehome known aggressive or destructive dogs, most of our fostered whippets come with no history.
- Fostered whippets desperately need your TLC. They probably have fleas, worms, are filthy - they come 'warts an' all'.
- Fostered whippets will never be able to arrive at your house on Wednesday after you finish work, because you have Thursday off and that's best for you. We avoid moving our dogs as much as possible, so we drive our fostered dogs straight to their foster home and will not move them until we find a permanent home.
- Fostered whippets arrive on Christmas eve, your birthday and other unsocial occasions.
We cannot guarantee that your foster dog will be female, over 3 years old or any other characteristic. While we try to match foster dogs to you, given the circumstances, we prefer homes that are able to take all sorts.
If you are still interested and able to foster a dog, and would like to go on a list of foster homes, please email Jennifer at email@example.com and let us know. We are always grateful for the help. Fostering is very rare, and you free to say no if a dog is needy at an awkward time, but it is good to have as many foster options as possible.
>> back to top